What information do we collect?
Atheist Ireland collects different levels of data depending on membership status
- For members we collect the following at registration
- First name, last name, username, email and address are all required for registration. Post code, website/blog and telephone number are optional.
- In addition we also collect the following for all visitors to our websites
- Session status – i.e. if your logged in or not
- Web information – your browser information, ip address, url of the site you accessed our site from and url of the site you left our site for.
- Marketing information – we store the number of looks and clicked links on our book widget; we also store information on the number and time of clicks and looks our ‘join’ pop up receives.
Do we collect information from visitors?
- Yes – if you visit our site and are not logged in or a member or user of our websites your session, web and marketing information are still tracked.
Can this information be used to identify individuals or is it aggregated and anonymous?
- Yes, if you are a member and are logged in we can identify you
- If you are a visitor we can identify your ip and the pages you visit on our site, your point of entrance and point of departure
How will we use this information?
- We use membership information to keep accurate records on membership of Atheist Ireland. We send automatic emails notifying signups, upcoming renewals and membership expiration. We mainly communicate with members via email and occasionally by post, phone or text. We invite current members to a members only facebook group unless they request not to be invited.
- We use session information to monitor if someone is logged in or not.
- We use web information for google analytics and SEO purposes. We also use web information as part of our security firewall to track and monitor activity within our sites.
Who has access to this information?
- Access to membership information is restricted to the management committee of Atheist Ireland in particular its membership officer and secretary.
Will we share this information with any other parties?
- We do not share membership information bar email with anybody outside of management. We use members email to invite them to a facebook members only group unless they request not to be added. We also delete invites and remove people from the group if their membership expires. We do not give this email to facebook, but we do sent a request to join the group from facebook with this email.
- We use google analytics and other SEO tools to analyse web information.
How do we protect your information?
- Members accounts are protected with their username/password
- We have a firewall on our server and on our websites
- We keep our website up to date with security releases
- Local backups and cloud are keep securely with restricted access.
- Printed lists (such as member lists for AGM’s) are shredded after use.
How will we notify visitors of changes to our policies?
- We will link to this policy on our website’s footer.
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org