Secular Sunday #22 – Just the Basics
Welcome to Secular Sunday, Atheist Ireland’s weekly newsletter.
As the weather is far too pleasant to sit inside reading – or writing! – newsletters, this issue will be shorter than usual. Normal service will be resumed next week (along with normal weather, no doubt).
- The European Atheist Convention has been taking place in Cologne this weekend and is finishing today. Atheist Ireland chairman Michael Nugent was one of the speakers and several members of the commitee are in attendance. We’ll have reports and videos of the event in future issues.
- Sunday 3 June, 4:00 pm, Buswell’s Hotel, Dublin 2 (map)
The monthly meeting of the Humanist Association of Ireland. Facebook event page
- Tuesday 5 June, National Concert Hall, Dublin 2 (map)
Dublin Writers Festival presents: Richard Dawkins in Conversation. Some more tickets were made available yesterday and at time of publication there are fifteen tickets available. Book tickets here or call the Festival Box Office on 01-6877977 If you’re not lucky enough to get one of these tickets or if you have some to spare send us an email and we’ll try to help.
- Wednesday 6 June, 8:00 pm, Liberty Hall, Dublin 1 (map)
Also from the Dublin Writers Festival: Alain de Botton will be discussing his controversial book Religion for Atheists. Tickets are €12/€10. Read more
- Friday 15 June, Cork
Cork Skeptics will be hosting Dr. Muireann Quigley who will be speaking about bioethics. We’ll have more details soon.
- Wednesday 20 June, 8:00 pm, Absolute Hotel, Sir Harrys Mall, Limerick (map)
The Mid West Humanists will be meeting. All are welcome to attend.
Until next week, enjoy the sunshine.
Editor, Secular Sunday
Category Atheism, Meetups, News, Secular Sunday Views 2774