i am a evangelical christian

General discussions
Post Reply
Neil
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:27 am
Location: Dublin

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Neil » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Adonai88 wrote:I am presenting the evidence ( and, despite you and others here assert it is not, in my opinion it IS compelling and convincing evidence ) that has convinced ME.
I'm sorry, but your opinion is irrelevant. Something is either true or it isn't. You haven't been shown any evidence. Rather, you've been coerced by people with ulterior motives.
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."
- Terry Pratchett
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Hemingway » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Adonai88 wrote: I am not here to try to convert you. That's something, you must do by your own, if you wish so. I am presenting the evidence ( and, despite you and others here assert it is not, in my opinion it IS compelling and convincing evidence ) that has convinced ME. Its entirely upon you to decide, if its worth to be considered, or not. Be assured that i have absolutely no interest NOT to be honest..... otherwise, my beeing here would really be senseless.
What evidence?

Where?

Why is it "compelling and convincing evidence" to you?

I cannot see anything you have posted that you claim to be evidence as compelling at all. Its all too easily refutable.

I was a catholic for years. I know the bible back to front. People like yourself come on here all the time and use the same arguments over and over but never provide any evidence for their core beliefs..... that there is a higher power.

Why is that? Still no red flags flying?

If you swallow the junk you read on those creationist websites, its no wonder you have no answer. Because they have no answers either. The crutch you are leaning on for your arguments (the ID community) is fundamentally flawed and therefore when you quote from these sources you do yourself a disservice.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
Adonai88
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Adonai88 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Hemingway wrote:
Adonai88 wrote: I am not here to try to convert you. That's something, you must do by your own, if you wish so. I am presenting the evidence ( and, despite you and others here assert it is not, in my opinion it IS compelling and convincing evidence ) that has convinced ME. Its entirely upon you to decide, if its worth to be considered, or not. Be assured that i have absolutely no interest NOT to be honest..... otherwise, my beeing here would really be senseless.
What evidence?

Where?

Why is it "compelling and convincing evidence" to you?

I cannot see anything you have posted that you claim to be evidence as compelling at all. Its all too easily refutable.

I was a catholic for years. I know the bible back to front. People like yourself come on here all the time and use the same arguments over and over but never provide any evidence for their core beliefs..... that there is a higher power.

Why is that? Still no red flags flying?

If you swallow the junk you read on those creationist websites, its no wonder you have no answer. Because they have no answers either. The crutch you are leaning on for your arguments (the ID community) is fundamentally flawed and therefore when you quote from these sources you do yourself a disservice.
Hemingway

what are you looking for at a Atheist forum ? honestly.....
what is the reason you are here ?
what is the reason, you post at this thread ?

in your place, if i would be a atheist, then this standpoint would not bring me any advantage, which i would see myself compelled to share with others. I would just hold it for myself, search my interests, and follow them. I would not spend my time with atheism. Ok. thats just me.

Since i am a christian, and have deep conviction, to have found Jesus Christ, forgiveness for my sins, real hope of a forever life, and in face of all this, can say, Jesus is the utmost best thing, i could have found in my life, i do not hold it for myself. I share my experience with others, giving others the chance to find Jesus as well.

If you are not able to see any evidence in what i have presented here, sorry to be frank, but then i guess you are simply , or too ignorant, or blind..... but there is, lets go with Barak Obama, a chance of change....

http://www.godandscience.org/introduction.html
Hobbesian World View
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Hobbesian World View » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Adonai88 wrote:what are you looking for at a Atheist forum ? honestly.....
what is the reason you are here ?
what is the reason, you post at this thread ?

in your place, if i would be a atheist, then this standpoint would not bring me any advantage, which i would see myself compelled to share with others. I would just hold it for myself, search my interests, and follow them. I would not spend my time with atheism. Ok. thats just me.
..................
If you are not able to see any evidence in what i have presented here, sorry to be frank, but then i guess you are simply , or too ignorant, or blind..... but there is, lets go with Barak Obama, a chance of change....
I dont know why you think Hemingway is a candidate for conversion. Have you been trained to focus your efforts on one person? You really are wasting your time here adonai. There are a lot easier people to convert than the posters here, who are pretty much impossible to revert to a primitive state of superstition.

How much training did you go through to become a salesman/missionary?
Last edited by Hobbesian World View on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 am

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Adonai88 wrote:If you are not able to see any evidence in what i have presented here, sorry to be frank, but then i guess you are simply , or too ignorant, or blind..... but there is, lets go with Barak Obama, a chance of change....
And there the usual circle is complete. When people do not give in to no evidence, you start insulting them. Simple. Ignorant. Blind. Insults demean ONLY the insulter, not the insulted.

If this is the level of intelligence you want to reduce yourself to then fine, but do it on your own time not ours.

If this is the kind of talk that being a Christian makes you talk, then I don't want any part of it either.
Neil
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:27 am
Location: Dublin

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Neil » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Adonai88 wrote:what are you looking for at a Atheist forum ? honestly.....
what is the reason you are here ?
what is the reason, you post at this thread ?
Adonai, hi.

This is an atheist forum. If there's anyone who needs to explain their reasons for being here, it's you. You're clearly not open to the idea that there's no God. You claim that you joined up to declare your belief. You've done that, and as you can see, we're not too interested. So why are you still here?

I mean, you're perfectly welcome to be here, but it is, above all else, a group for atheists. If you've got no interest in atheism, then why are you here?
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."
- Terry Pratchett
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:23 am

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by ctr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Sums it up really....

"Wonders who will be next to try?" :o
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
Adonai88
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Adonai88 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Hobbesian World View wrote: I dont know why you think Hemingway is a candidate for conversion. Have you been trained to focus your efforts on one person? You really are wasting your time here adonai. There are a lot easier people to convert than the posters here, who are pretty much impossible to revert to a primitive state of superstition.

How much training did you go through to become a salesman/missionary?
your post actually doesn't deserve a answer, but why not post again, what i said to Hemingway :

I am not here to try to convert you. That's something, you must do by your own, if you wish so. I am presenting the evidence ( and, despite you and others here assert it is not, in my opinion it IS compelling and convincing evidence ) that has convinced ME. Its entirely upon you to decide, if its worth to be considered, or not. Be assured that i have absolutely no interest NOT to be honest..... otherwise, my beeing here would really be senseless.
davef
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by davef » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Hello Adonai88.

You say we are not prepared to accept your 'compelling' evidence. You came here in honesty, you seem to feel that you have been honest in your dealings with the members of this board (and I believe that much of you, at least), and you have been met with flat-out rejection on every point you raise.

So my question is this: What now? What is your next step going to be? Do you plan to stick around? We're clearly not going to accept your 'evidence', no matter how many times you link to godlovesscience.com or whatever. I, for one, am not even going to click any of your links. So what now for the evangeliser?
Hobbesian World View
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: i am a evangelical christian

Post by Hobbesian World View » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Adonai, maybe one day when youre youth is gone you'll realise how you wasted the best years of your life, serving an organisation that doesnt give a crap about you.

Evangelical churches, prey on young and energetic people, exploit them into working for them, and then extract as much money as they can from them, as they get older.

Adonai, how many church leaders have to be caught stealing, embezzling or committing adultery, before you realise that they are not what they say they are?

Youre clearly an intelligent person, Adonai. I think if you hung around on this site long enough, you would begin to have doubts about christianity.
Post Reply